HOLISTIC IS HEALING
RDR delivers unique holistic programmes, working across a spectrum from ‘The Problem’ to ‘The Why’ to ‘The Potential’ using multiple treatment inputs.
We have a maximum of six clients (four residents) at any time – small, focused groups in a responsive, caring and professional programme held in a family environment at a secluded recovery ‘ranch’ 40 minutes from Wellington Railway Station. Large grounds, trees, gardens and a stream, with nearby bush and river walks make this the ideal healing environment.
Clients become a part of the whanau at the RDR ranch. It is nothing like a traditional institution or hospital environment – every month we welcome clients to their new family.
- Assistance with managed detox arranged in conjunction with medical professionals/services, if required.
- Addiction Counselling.
- Family/supporter education.
- Personal discovery assignments.
- External recreational activities.
- Wellness coaching.
- Gym at the RDR residence.
- Peer support.
- Goals (the path ahead) including ‘replacement passion’ exercises.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
- Educational presentations including Life after rehab and Relapse prevention.
- Fun. It is important to have this in the mix.
- Graduation day ceremony (with whanau/supporters). Optional.
- All food provided (with nutritional advice).
- Admission to the Graduates’ Group for long term support for at least 24 months.
- All graduates have ongoing access to a 24/7 crisis/buddy line.